I’m a New York-based writer who works with companies around the globe. My philosophy is simple: Make your job easier and make you look good. If there’s one thing my clients appreciate more than anything else it’s my consistency: “Awesome as always, Iyna!” “A slam dunk every time.” “Truly fantastic stuff, as usual.”
You’ll never get an 11th-hour call from me asking to extend a deadline. Once I get the green light on an assignment, I’m all over it.
Here’s a snapshot of my work:
I’ve written New York Emmy Award-winning promotional scripts, sports and entertainment specials, tour scripts, SEO web content, online sweepstakes, brochures, signage and ads for corporations, agencies, small businesses and non-profits. Radio City Music Hall, Sotheby’s, Ford Foundation Gallery, MSG Network, Jackie Robinson Museum, Graco, Mercedes-Benz, American Kennel Club, Toll Brothers and Two Trees are just a few of the companies I’ve worked with. Click here for samples.
My byline has appeared in editorial and custom content for The New York Times, Wall Street Journal, CountryLiving.com, New York Life, Newsday, BobVila.com, Saturday Evening Post, Washington Post, History Channel Magazine, American Way, Alaska Airlines, Crain’s New York Business, Design NJ, HouseLogic.com and Amtrak’s Arrive, among other outlets. Take a look at some of my stories.
Books & Apps
I’m the author of Home Storage Solutions and a contributor to two anthologies, Accelerating on the Curves: The Artist’s Roadmap to Success and Her Fork in the Road: Women Celebrate Food and Travel. I also created Long Island’s first iPhone travel app, “Essential Long Island,” which was named a hot pick on iTunes.
- My first role as writer and editor was in the 6th grade when I created a magazine called Female’s World. Miss Henrichson called it “very well written.”
- When I told a college English professor I was considering a career in journalism, he told me I had a good quirky name for a writer.
- Speaking of my name, you’re probably wondering how it’s pronounced. Hint: It rhymes with Carolina.
- I keep a list of every book I’ve read since 1989. It came in handy when I wrote an essay about my love of libraries for the Christian Science Monitor.
- One piece of writing sure to outlive me is my story of an American Revolutionary War battle that’s now etched on a historic plaque in Dumbo, Brooklyn.
“Thank you for making our content better and for your professionalism. We love working with you!”
“You made my long night of editing with the only flawless piece I encountered.”
Editor, American Express Travel Insights
“Thanks, Iyna, for all your gracious help and meticulous care in preparing the features. You are the ultimate professional—on time with great copy! Can’t ask for more.”
Editor-in-chief, Saturday Evening Post
“Iyna, it was a total pleasure working with you again. We appreciate your rushing this even though you have a busy schedule. We are all so very excited and are convinced this will be the best brochure we’ve ever had.”
Operations Director, Sail Caribbean
“You have added a great deal of value to our brand position and message.”
Chief Marketing Officer, Sotheby’s International Realty
“This is beautiful. Thank you for your quick turnaround and for your expert weaving of words.”
Cultural Affairs Director, Two Trees Management